Wednesday 7 August 2013

Week 3: Singapore Flyer (A picture a day)

View of  another cabin on Singapore Flyer

View of  structure of Singapore Flyer

Night view of Singapore on Singapore Flyer

Day view of Singapore Flyer


These photos were taken during my visit to Singapore Flyer in June. The Singapore Flyer is the world's largest observation wheel. It is situated in the southeast part of Singapore, Marina Bay. Even though the Singapore Flyer had their opening in 2008, I only visited it this year. I heard that initially, the Singapore Flyer was rotating in a counter-clockwise direction when viewed from Marina centre. However, its direction was later changed under the advice of Feng Shui masters. In the past there was one incident where one of its electrical cables supplying power to the air-conditioning systems was struck by lightning, affecting the air conditioning. All passengers on board had to be evacuated.

The flyers stands very tall from the ground and it allowed me to enjoy the breathtaking, panoramic views of Marina Bay and beyond. Personally i feel that the night scene is more beautiful than the day when viewing from the peak of the Singapore Flyer. The lights of the streets and buildings, against the dark night skies seem to create a contrasting yet stunning sight.

I was very fortunate that the cabin that I was on was only filled with my friends and I. We had the whole cabin for ourselves. However, because the costs of the tickets for the ride was rather expensive, I don't think I will visit the Singapore Flyer again. It was a great experience, but the enjoyment does not outweigh the cost. But i do suggest this place for tourists, so that they can have a nice view of Singapore, especially the night scene which i love so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment