Wednesday 25 September 2013

Week 10: Girlfriend Leads A Photographer Around the World (A picture a day)

"Follow me to" by Murad Osmann

"Follow me to" by Murad Osmann

"Follow me to" by Murad Osmann

Murad Osmann is a Russian photographer and film producer who has seen his personal photo series explode online few months ago. First it made the front page of Reddit, eventually spreading outwards to the likes of Mashable and other publications.

The story goes that Osmann’s girlfriend, Nataly Zakharova, was getting tired of him always being preoccupied with his camera, literally resorting to dragging him by the hand to keep moving. This lead to the perspective we see in each shot of the series as shown above. Some may find the photos a little ‘too’ over-processed, the concept is playful and a creative way to capture different places around the world.

This series isi titled “Follow Me,” and features a unique perpective: each shot is from Osmann’s point of view, and shows the back of his girlfriend Nataly Zakharova’s body as she leads him by the hand through various locations around the world. Regarding the look of the images: Osmann snaps the photos with his iPhone or DSLR, adds various effects to them using Camera+, and then uploads them to Instagram.

I love this idea of the photography as it creates a nice perspective through the eyes of the person behind the one leading the way. Photography intrigues me but I have never been a good photographer. Most of my photographs are amateurish which I take with my iPhone and upload it onto instagram #lionel_chingly after editing it with iOS applications such as Photowonder.

Next time when I have save enough money, I would want to buy a DSLR, and travel around the world, capturing moments with my lenses. I was never good at taking photographs of people. I enjoy taking pictures of still life such as scenery, buildings and nature. I cannot wait for my chance to take an elective module in NAFA under photography. I want to learn the basics of photography as I know it will help to make me a better Graphic Designer in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment