Monday 16 September 2013

Week 9: Dog house sofa (A picture a day)

Dog house sofa by Seungji Mun

Dog house sofa by Seungji Mun

I chose this piece of furniture cause sometimes I wonder why we must create a seperate corner just for our pets, when we can just integrate their living environment into ours. People spend a lot of time making sure their interiors look the way they want them to, only to find an ugly dog bed haunting a corner inside their home. The ‘Dog House Sofa‘ by Korean designer Seungji Mun, was made to tackle this problem with a streamlined, minimalistic piece of living room furniture.

Dogs more commonly co-existing indoors with humans. Having a separate everything for your pet seems impractical. Things such as separate bed, separate feeding stations, and sometimes even, separate doors. This may be a turnoff for people who are in the market for a new pup.

The piece is created with solid ash and canvas fabric with a cushioned side table with enough room for a small to medium sized dog to easily fit in, allowing interaction with the pet through the top of the table. 

In my opinion, the sofa cushions themselves are simple in design, which I can imagine makes for easy cleaning for all of that inevitable dog hair. As a dog lover myself, I would definitely get this sofa in the future when I can afford it. This would definitely make me feel more closer to my pets and that they are part of my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment